wtorek, 2 stycznia 2018

Gregor Rosenbauer (1890-1966)

Gregor Rosenbauer (1890-1966) niemiecki architekt, grafik, nauczyciel, członek Deutscher Werkbund, współzałożyciel grupy artystów Das Neue Pommern; w latach 1919-23 był kierownikiem pracowni pioniera architektury nowoczesnej Petera Behrensa oraz od roku 1922 asystentem Behrensa w Mistrzowskiej Szkole Architektury na Akademii Sztuk Pięknych w Wiedniu; w roku 1923 Rosenbauer został dyrektorem Szkoły Rzemiosł Artystycznych w Szczecinie „Werkschule für gestaltende Arbeit (Kunstgewerbeschule)“, we współpracy z architektem miejskim Stettina Karlem Weishauptem Rosenbauer zaprojektował nowy gmach szkoły (przu obecnym Placu Kilińskiego), gdzie przeniesiono ją w 1930 roku;
Rosenbauer zaprojektował więcej budynków w Szczecinie, między innymi:
- budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony około roku 2015-16!!!);
- domy jednorodzinne: Ohly, Lüht, Saltzwedel, Leclair, Toepffer,
- zabudowa terenu targów;
- budynki służby zdrowia;
- więcej budynków dla olejarni - m. in. budynek kotłowni;
zaprojektował też Ptasią Fontannę w ogrodzie różanym w Szczecinie (we współpracy z rzeźbiarzem Kurtem Schwerdtfegerem) oraz gmach banku Pommersche Bank w Koszalinie; 

więcej na stronie:
http://www.gregor-rosenbauer.de/
rysunki i projekty:
http://mediatum.ub.tum.de/1123883
więcej na niemieckiej Wikipedii:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Rosenbauer

Gregor Rosenbauer (1890-1966) zdjęcie z roku 1966
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer

 
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer
budynek Stettiner Oelwerke z roku 1937 (zburzony), projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer


projekt banku w Koszalinie (Pommersche Bank) z lat 1936-37, projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer
budynek banku w Koszalinie (Pommersche Bank) z lat 1936-37, projekt: Gregor Rosenbauer



















Gregor Rosenbauer
* 18.12.1890 in Limburg / Lahn † 27.06.1966 in Tutzing / Starnberger See, was a German architect, graphic artist and art teacher and Member of the “Deutscher Werkbund” (an association of modern architects and designers, founded in 1906).
As head of the studio of Peter Behrens he got soon a lectureship at the Masterschool of Architecture in Vienna and later took over the leading of the arts school Stettin – following the wish of Hermann Muthesius. He reformed the arts school after the principles of the “Deutscher Werkbund” and named it “Werkschule für gestaltende Arbeit” (Work School for creative Work/Jobs). He was co-founder of the artists’ group “Das neue Pommern” (New Pomerania).
Life and Work
Rosenbauer was the son of a master joiner and manufacturer of furniture in Limburg (West Germany). Already while he studied at the technical college in Darmstadt 1907-1908 he published drawings in the magazine “Der Innenausbau” (Interior Fitout). 1909-1911 he attended the arts school Frankfurt am Main as personal scholar of the director and conservator of state Ferdinand Luthmer.
The first years as employed architect led him 1911-12 to Hans Ross (1873-1922), architect in Neumünster/Kiel, and to Henry Grell (1870-1937), architect in Hamburg. 1912 Rosenbauer won the price of the Werdandibund: His residential houses were shown on the architectural exhibition Leipzig 1913.
Rosenbauer was Lieutenant in First World War 1914-1918.
1919-1923 Rosenbauer was head of the studio of Peter Behrens (1868-1940) in Neubabelsberg (near Berlin) and head of the construction studios in Vienna, Munich, Oberhausen. There he was responsible for the housing estate Othmarschen for officials of the German Wharf Hamburg, the technical administration building of paints fabrication Hoechst in Frankfurt, the sketch of administration building of the Rombacher Hütte (steelworks) in Oberhausen and the exhibition building “Dombauhütte” (Cathedral Workshop) at the trade exhibition in Munich.
1922 Rosenbauer became assistant of Peter Behrens at the Masterschool of Architecture in Vienna, an own lectureship he had from 1922 to
1923.
In 1923 Rosenbauer was, suggested by Hermann Muthesius (1861-1927, then in Prussian Trade Ministry responsible for the reformation of arts schools) called to the municipal craftsmen and arts school Stettin as director and the same time head of architecture class. Before upgrading the school in a higher rank, Muthesius had targeted the installation of a class for interior architecture and the employment of an architect as a director.
Like Walter Riezler (1878-1965), director of the municipal museum Stettin, Muthesius wanted to revitalize crafts to a full-value branch of art. 1927 Riezler wrote in a programmatic article, for those schools it’s very important to gain a relevant artistic personality for leading the school, the best would be a creative artist who not only works as teacher and head of the school, but also stands out with own works.
After employing several new teachers, a. o. Kurt Schwerdtfeger (1897-1966) and Else Mögelin (1886-1982), the school moved in 1930 into a new building, conceptualized by Rosenbauer and designed by Karl Weishaupt, head of the municipal planning office – a milestone in the development of the school. It now was called “Werkschule für gestaltende Arbeit” (Work School for creative Work/Jobs). There came in addition Vincent Weber (1902-1990) as a teacher and Johannes Itten (1888-1967) as visiting lecturer.
Meanwhile Rosenbauer also came forward with own works, until 1925 he continued to lead the studio of Peter Behrens in Neubabelsberg. In 1930 he was co-founder of the artists’ group “Das neue Pommern” (New Pomerania).
The 1st of april 1934 Rosenbauer was forced to retire as director of the school. Until the Second World War he could realize several projects as freelance architect. From 1939 to 1943 he did his military service in Stargard. In the war his apartment and his studio in Stettin were destroyed.

At the end of the war living in Limburg, Rosenbauer (married since 1943) lived with his family in Nonnenhorn next to the lake of Constance from 1952 on, from 1961 on in Tutzing next to the lake of Starnberg. Beside several sketches of churches and the designing of Ravensburg International Exhibition of Christian Art, a big number of drawings and linocuts came into being, often with landscape or philosophic-religious subjects.
Gregor Rosenbauer is buried on the new Cemetery in Tutzing, his estate was given to the Museum of Architecture of the Technical University of Munich in 2012 by the family. From 1945 until his death he stayed in correspondence with a. o. Theodor Heuss, Walter Riezler, Kurt Schwerdtfeger, Vincent Weber.

Source: www.gregor-rosenbauer.de

opracował:
Tomasz Sachanowicz
architekt szczecin
www.slabpracownia.pl

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz